My big Sister is gone

My sister is my best friend and my heroe.She was charged for involuntary manslaughter. She was babysitting a little baby boy named Gavin (that’s not his real name), and he “supposedly” hit his head because she wasn’t paying attention.

Involuntary manslaughter, in this case, means he “hit his head” while my big sis was babysitting him for the weekend. Two months later he died. I for one know that he never hit his head because I was with her that weekend and I stayed with Gavin the whole time. A couple of years later the baby’s parents sued her.
They’re just people who are grieving and they want someone to suffer for what happened to him. I pray for that family, because they have so much hate in their heart. My sister doesn’t blame them so I don’t either. But when my parents told me it was over, she lost, I hated that family so much. I realized though, that they need us to pray for them. If you have a loved one in jail, you know how I feel.
The worst part about all this is she has an eight year old son, and he goes visit her every week dutifully, but he still doesn’t know what’s happening, or why his mom’s in this bad place. He doesn’t even know she’s in jail! It breaks my heart when he comes to sleep over, and I hear these heartbroken sobs asking for his mom.
My friends are very supportive, they don’t judge, they just help make the time past by faster, so my big sister can come home faster.

DeeJay said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 12:34 am:
hi... my name is jade and you posted a comment on my article, Hair and Love, and told me you live in Lousiana, too. I feel for your story alot and would like to maybe email you or something. You are a really good writer:) you can email me if you want... flipsylicious@yahoo .com. I hope I hear from you!

samidvd96 replied...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:08 am :
thank you but i don't think i should because you might not be who you say you are. If you are who you say you are i'm sorry

ToriLovett replied...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 3:47 pm :
*Random fact. I live in LA, too. Haha!
Anyways, sad story. I feel so much sympathy for you and your family! Well written. Love it!

roknroll replied...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 6:43 pm :
AWSOME that u live in LA i mean

writer24/7/365 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:57 pm:
I'm so sorry. It's so sad and unfair.

samidvd96 replied...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:09 am :
it is but some things happen for a reason ya know