Tears | Teen Ink

Tears

December 1, 2009
By Anonymous

Nothing is under my control. I relinquished the right to control long ago, leaving me in a downward spiral of anger and confusion
Too many disatractions, not enough time to react. The second you realize is one second too late.
Tears slide down their unwelcoming cheeks with a frustrated fury, not knowing of their origin, and uncertain of their end.
Their destination: over the skin, into the soul. Seeping into the only place private enough for their powers of deception to take place.
Why don't they stop? What is their purpose? Think understand. Believe.
Tears continued have not yet reached their resting place: deep within the darkest depths of our desires. Sinking into the only place we can still call home.
Dreams crushed. Hopes smothered. Wishes weighted down by the soul, heavy with doubts and hatred.
Hatred for the ones filling is with doubts. Hatred for the damned tears that refuse to cease. Hatred for those acheiving what we dare not dream about.
It is taught that hatred is bad. That hatred,in fact, leads to the destruction of the world. Not so, as the doom and destruction is brought on by denying the hate of a propor escape route. A dignified exit.
Denying hatred brings tears. Tears produce anarchy.

The author's comments:
I wrote this after i had a huge fight with my father. I was angry, and as luck would have it, i had a pen and some paper near me at the time.