Because I Love Him | Teen Ink

Because I Love Him

By CraziBunny GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona
CraziBunny GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona

if you smile and walk away when someone is mean, you have more courage, than the one who will fight and curse at them

When I was small about nine or ten my dad permanently removed himself from my life. As I grew older I remember always blaming myself for his leaving. I’m now fifteen and my dad always crosses my mind every now and then. I can’t tell my family how much I miss him because they hate him. I love my dad, I always have. He always meant the world to me. Every year on his birthday I pray that he will one day want a place back in my life. It’s been five or six years and you would expect me to lose hope but not a chance. I have been told I shouldn’t give him an ounce of forgiveness for all the tragedy he has caused me but I have to. In love you have to give out forgiveness especially to family. I would climb to the top of the tallest mount and swim the seven seas to see him just once more. I would like to tell him all he has meant to me. I was so young to remember all the pain of his constant leaving and constant new girlfriends but I love him. I would die to be with him but if the lord has chosen the path where I will never be back with my father well then so be it but I know I will always be waiting with open arms. I love my daddy and I’ll always be his spunky monkey. I miss the days of him combing my hair or saying “I am mojo jojo from” a line from my favorite cartoon The Powerpuff Girls. I remember every little detail spent with my dad and I will never forget him because I love him.

i miss my real dad even though i am grateful for the man in my life whom i now call dad who has never left me and has been there for me since i was six months old.