We are so Fragile

As I walk down the sidewalk on a cool fall day, the cool air clears my mind for fresh thoughts. A sense of thought, wonder and curiosity fills my mind. As I look up at the tree branches above my head, they appear to be making a canopy above me. I wonder, why are there so many leaves gracing one branch? What if every leaf counted as one soul, present and gone.

Life is a unique thing, people themselves are unique. We were given hands to hold, but in an instant they can become a fist. We were given voices to comfort, but words can also hurt. Its interesting how your heart is a strong muscle, but can break easily in one beat. We are so fragile. We’re strong on the surface, but not all the way through. Sometimes it can seem that with every breath we are taking, we’re fighting for this mystery called life. Someone once said that the hardest part of living is just taking breaths to stay. We’re all good for something, even if we haven’t found it yet. Everyone has a purpose. Breath, live and conquer every day with everything that life brings. Some days it feels like all we can do is live day to day, that’s what we have to do. We have to take every day and live it to the fullest and best of our ability. Our minds are a complex thing that can figure out the simplest of problems, it’s a gift that we were given. But the greatest gift is life, and it should not be taken for granted.