Personal Narrative | Teen Ink

Personal Narrative

November 16, 2009
By Kingston BRONZE, Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Kingston BRONZE, Cottage Grove, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everybody has had their bloodcurdling experiences, right? The scariest moment endured was right after school one day when I was in 4th grade. I was a safety patrol green belt, and I was heading home to my babysitters house in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I was prancing down black tarred road and I heard a slight shriek in the stormy background. At first I thought it was just the wind, and then I heard it again. I looked back and saw an African American kid, about 3-4 feet tall, and had some sort of case next to him. The case was black with dazzling silver shell about 5 feet long, 1 foot tall and 6 inches wide.

“Hey, Kid!” he bellowed.

“Yeah?” I squealed back.

“Can you watch my case until I get back?” He wailed.

I hesitated for a bit but managed to say, “Ok.”

He darted past the portables, also known as outside class rooms, and vanished without any hesitation. At first I thought he was a normal school kid but I began to think and say to myself. If he was a normal school kid he would have taken his case with himself into the building. Then I saw the case that was standing as sturdy as a steel fortification, plummeted to the ground and vanished within minutes of the kid parting from my view. After seeing an intense silver glare next to one of the portables I fled the scene. I felt like I was being watched by a psychotic maniac that wouldn’t leave me alone. I walked, and then heard a thump. I began a faster paced walk, then I heard the thump even louder. I was darting like a rocket blasting off at a NASA launch pad. I grabbed the door handle with so much force that I felt the door handle crinkle up as if it was a piece of paper. With myself flying through the living room of my babysitter’s house, I felt with each step another moment the person had to grab me.

I sprinted to my babysitter weeping, “Miss Debbie! Miss Debbie!”

“What is it?” she answer my cry for help.

I told her my tale and she was at the least bit astonished and stunned at first but after my story she started to ask me questions. Some were as basic as “How tall was the kid?” and, “Did he look your age?” however, there were many harder question’s than easy ones. Harder ones were mostly about what the kid said and how he and the case looked like. She contacted the police and submitted a report. About 2 weeks after the incident I found a bronze bullet outside when I was running in gym. That same night the police interviewed me and the case was claimed as an inaccurate claim. I still think about the event today contemplating it. I never saw the mysterious individual again and probably never will. This impacted my life by testing my rapid judgment and how to handle situations as severe as this one.