Thank You Letter | Teen Ink

Thank You Letter

By hifive SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
hifive SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Mom and Dad,

Over the past seventeen years, you have been raising me to be the best that I can be. These past few years, it seems as though you feel I am ungrateful or even unaware of everything you two do for me. Although I don’t always agree with you, I know you’re just looking out for me and my best interests.

Thank you for all the money you’ve spent on me these past seventeen years. I’m sure I was not the cheapest hobby you could pick up. Thank you for giving me the attention I’ve needed, both positive and negative. Thank you for not constantly comparing me to my older siblings. There are parents who like to do that, but you are not one of them. Thank you for clothing me, feeding me, and housing me. Thank you for cleaning up after the messes I make, in both the literal and metaphorical sense.

Thank you for the education you’ve provided me. I would not be able to type a fancy letter such as this without it. Thank you for driving me everywhere I’ve needed to be, and picking me up when I needed to go home. Thank you for caring for me when I’ve needed you the most. Thank you for all the vacations you’ve dragged me to. Thank you for allowing me to spend my free time the way I like, even though you don’t always aprove. Thank you for allowing me to pursue what interests me most, even though it will end up costing you a lot in the near future.

Thank you for giving me all the love and support over these past years. You have done so much for me, and asked for so little in return.