True Friends? | Teen Ink

True Friends?

By kylee BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois
kylee BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois

"you can never fail if you never start"

Do you know who your true friends are? Do you have the perfect friend who never talks bad about you or you can always trust them? Yea. I thought I did to. I thought I had the perfect friend. (Let’s call her Amber.) She was loyal, and I could trust her with everything. Then, over the summer, we didn’t talk as much as we used to. She made friends with another girl. I felt pretty left out, but I wasn’t worried because she was my best friend. In august school started and we stopped talking completely. She was hanging out with the group of girls you would probably think of as the “snobby” girls, but I did find other friends and their names were Rachel and Bekah. They were cool and funny, and I started hanging out with them more. Then when I thought everything was better Amber and her “clique” started sending me nasty text messages and leaving me mean voicemails. That’s girls for ya! My friends both told me one word. REVENGE. At the time I thought it was a good idea, but then I would be just like them. Words may be just words, but they still hurt. After a while I learned to ignore them, and they just gave up. Now I know who my real friends are!!!