A Lift | Teen Ink

A Lift

November 5, 2009
By SBXhun:) BRONZE, Appleton, Wisconsin
SBXhun:) BRONZE, Appleton, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Did you ever think of doing something that seems impossible to come true? Instead, I made that thought and turned it into reality. Flashing back, I could not believe that I had skimmed through an adventure. I was just a beginner at skiing on hills.

It was a difficult decision to make; the ski trip was a good deal. My friend Sunshine and I had to make a move. We decided to pay 36 dollars each to go on the trip. Eager and frightened, the days came close. In the morning of April 2, 2009 I couldn’t calm myself. Many things went flying in my head. Due to my clumsiness, the bus almost ditched me.

The trip took 2-3 hours to get to Ski Brule in Michigan. When we got there, we had to get ourselves rentals. The boots and skis weighed ton, and the thick clothing made me feel gigantic. Since me and Sunshine were beginners, we had to ski on a hill called Bunny Hill. Afterwards, our trainers took us on the lift. To be honest, at that time I was afraid of heights, and still am. However, the beautiful and peaceful scenes from up in the air made things easier for me to overcome my fears.

Skiing on a real snow hill was quite difficult for both of us. I had to learn many techniques like how to brake and help myself. I don’t remember how many times I fell, but afterwards I felt the pain. Sunshine and I decided to take a break after many attempts and went to eat. If Sunshine and I wanted to get to the restaurant-house, we would have to cross the Bunny Hill, which it is steep. Instead, we both were quite smart, and let the rope take us up to the house. After feeling quite confident, we finally had the guts to ski by ourselves. Sunshine and I did pretty well as beginners. Both of us didn’t fall as much as before. We were great together as teammates. It was a long day, including our bus ride. We realized that there were many bruises that left memories.

Although that day went flying by, I had proven that I was confident in skiing. I’m proud that I pushed myself to do a once in a lifetime experience. I guess I was wrong; you can turn those impossible dreams into great moments.