Not Just Another Thug | Teen Ink

Not Just Another Thug

October 14, 2009
By !Mo-mo! BRONZE, Spartanburg, South Carolina
!Mo-mo! BRONZE, Spartanburg, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!


I just can’t understand a young man who turns to gang violence and drugs?
Doing it all because of the importance and love he fells from his so-called “homeboys.”
The feeling of fitting in and being like the rest of them.
Turning to his “friends” for advice but all they’re thinking about is what to sell to make a few bucks.
The young man, who has a loving family and a loving friend who cares.
But can’t see it because he is so far caught up in what he thinks is the rest of his life.
I only wish that I could tell this young man how I feel towards him.
To let him know, that there is always another way. You always have choices.
Just to tell him how bright he really is.
How he could use his street smartness, as an advantage to his future.
The young man, I wish I could open the door for, so the light would shine apon him and drag him away from the darkness.
For the most part, a young man who is not just another thug on the streets but a loving person, who just needs a change of direction.

The author's comments:
A very good friend of mine inspired me to write this piece because along with many other males, he is one who has endured a situation like this.