Mistake | Teen Ink

Mistake

October 14, 2009
By JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina
JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina
7 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole


Two months ago my friend, BJ, brought one of his friends to church with him. His name was Aaron and he was really cute. Before and after church we talked and he flirted. Later on that night I text BJ and asked him if Aaron liked me. He didn’t answer but to my surprise, five minutes later I got a text from a number I didn’t recognize. I responded by asking who it was. It was Aaron!!!
BJ never warned me but my sister did. She told me not to go out with him because I’d just get hurt or wind up doing something I didn’t want to. I didn’t take her advice, so I said, “Yes!” when he asked me out. And later I paid the price for not listening to her. I got hurt and came very close to doing some things I didn’t want to.
We text every day for two weeks straight. One night I text him and someone replied, but I had this feeling that it wasn’t Aaron. So, I asked who it was. The girl who responded said her name was Amber and she was seventeen years old. I told her that I wanted to talk to Aaron. She said he couldn’t talk because they were making out…
I felt really stupid for not listening to Mindy. Most of all, I was mad at BJ for not telling me about Aaron. I figured that he didn’t care if I got hurt, because if he did, he would have told me. I later found out that BJ had no clue he was like that. Come to find out, his father is a drunk and his mother is a drug addict. I guess that explains why he acts the way he does. But it’s no excuse for the way he treated me……