Religious Conflicts

It happened yesterday in chorus. Kaitlin and I were arguing about our religions and I was saying how hers was wrong and how mine was right.

This is how it all started. Kaitlin and I were in the record room playing the piano and I played a song that my church plays and she said, "What religion are you?"

I said "I am a Christian. What about you?"

"I am Christian, but sometimes I believe but sometimes I don't," Kaitlin said.
"What? Do you not believe that Christ, our savior, saved us for our sins?" I said with a mad tone.

"Maybe I do. Maybe I don't." She said.

"We were all born a sinner. Haven't you ever heard the story of Adam and Eve?" I said even more furious. She didn't say anything she just shook her head.

"Adam and Eve ate off of the precious tree after God told them not to. He clothed them with animal skin and then took their souls. I think that's how it happened. But then Jesus Christ saved us for our sins," I said furious.

"Well, I've heard that story. I just don't believe that really happened," Kaitlin said.

"Well do you believe that Jesus Christ saved you for your sin?" I said.

"Yes. But some church's say that to be saved you have to be baptized," she said.

"That is not true. In the bible is says nothing about having to be baptized to go to heaven. If them people are saying that, I guess they don't read the bible. That is just totally wrong!!!!!!!" I screamed.

"Well, I believe it's true. The story of Adam and Eve never happened," she said.

"You even go to church with me, at The First Baptist Church in Hamilton, and they say that it is true and that you don't have to be baptized to go to heaven. Don't you ever listen to Martin?" I said.

"Who's Martin?" Kaitlin said.

"Our preacher at The First Baptist Church in Hamilton. Duh!!!" I said very upset.

"No, I'm always busy staring at Chris or Brandan," Kaitlin said.

"Okay. That's just gross. Why do you only care about guys? Church is not the place for puppy love," I said.

"I don't really care about God. I actually think he's stupid for making the world the way it is now." She said.

"You did not just say that?!?!?!" I said furious.

"I did and this argument is over!!!!!" She said upset with me.

So Kaitlin and I went our own ways. We haven't talked for almost a month now.

I exaggerated a lot. The begging really happened but toward the end it went fantasy.

Dragonscribe said...
Umm...the dialogue is kind of unrealistic and you get angry WAY too fast. I'm a very religious person and I tolerate atheists and agnostics a lot better than you do; I don't shove my faith down their throat. If you do that they just regurgitate it - in order to really believe, they have to swallow it for themselves.

*Babygurl22* said...
Dec. 7, 2009 at 8:38 am
Actually my friend is agnostic. I made an error when i typed my story. Sorry folks

millz said...
Nov. 24, 2009 at 11:54 am
I think it is fine to exagerate for effect, and it is your buisness whether or not to "superimpose" your friends (though I would not do it) I would say that it could have been written more effectively

MangoMadness said...
Oct. 25, 2009 at 1:54 am
For pete's sake, have you ever considered that your way might NOT be the only rightway? Do you truly believe God would approve of you superimposing your religion in his name? I am not christian, but I believ god and  jesus  exist. I do not agree with the idea of a preacher having to lecture us about god, when I can talk to him any time and any way I want to. He will always love me, you, and your ex friend. Do you really think he cares that your friend doesn't believe in him? Why should... (more »)

*Babygurl22* replied...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:38 am
This story was a part of an argument that me and my friend had. I exagerated a lot. I put extra things in it to make it longer and You don't need to flip out on me just because you don't like my story. That was very rude. I believe almost the same. My story was just something that happened and things that I added. The girl is still my friend. we settled our differences and we apologized for the things we have said. ~*~*~*~* Babygurl22~*~*~*~*

MangoMadness replied...
Why would you write it as a personal experiance, but completely change what really happened? If this didn't actually happen this dramatically, was it really important enough to write an article about? Or do you care about this more than you claim, and make a bigger deal of it in this story because that's what you wish had happened? Maybe not all the bad stuff, but what you wish you could have said?
I think if you expect people to give you positive feedback, you should write thin... (more »)

*Babygurl22* replied...
OKAY DUDE!!!!!!!!!! it's just something i wrote in class get over it!!!!!!!

Dragonscribe replied...
I feel bad for your friend. Did she see this? If someone made up a conversation including me, I would be very offended.