The Pain of Lonliness

A little girl sits alone crying in the dark. There is no one to hold her. The girl feels alone. She has been taken from her family. She feels like there's no one there for her. That was ten years ago. Looking at her now you would never guess that she has been through so much pain and hurt. You would never guess she feels alone. You would never know that she is sad because she wears a smile on her face. If you look past her smile and into her eyes you will see the pain, the sadness, the anger, and the loneliness. The little girl is now 16. She has several friends that tell her to let go of her past but she can't. She tells them that she can't explain it but she needs to hold on. She needs to hold on to the images of her brother and sisters, tears streaming down their faces as they were taken away. Taken away just like her. So she keeps holding on. She gets angrier and sadder as time goes on. She still won't let go. She still can't. Even surrounded by a family and friends she feels all alone. She wonders where her sisters are. She wonders if they ever think about her. She wonders if they miss her. She thinks about her brother and starts to cry. She doesn't want to think about him being locked away like a criminal for something he couldn't control. Then a boy comes along and sees the pain and sadness in her eyes. He tells her that he knows what she is going through. He has been through it to. He says he also feels the sadness, anger, and loneliness. She has found someone that understands. They understand each other. They no longer feel alone. The finally feel whole. They say they are in love, but it only lasts for awhile. The boy decides to move on and leave the girl behind. The girl doesn't understand, she thought he felt the same way. She feels the sadness and loneliness start to resurface. She starts to get more and more depressed. Her friends don't understand. They have left her because she treated them pretty bad. Now she really does feel alone. She decides to let go of the past and move forward. She tells her self it is for the best. She tells her friends that she is sorry for what happened. They are together again. Best friends and vow to never hurt each other again. She feels whole again. She no longer feels alone. Now if you look in her eyes all you see is happiness. The pain, sadness, anger, and loneliness are gone. She still thinks about her brother and sisters from time to time and wonders if they are thinking of her to. The loneliness is gone for good. She finally let go and is finally living her life t it's fullest. The boy returned but she told him that it was to late. He had broke her heart once and she wouldn't let him do it again. The girl finally falls in love with the man of her dreams. The loneliness never returned until the love of her life passes away but now she has the ability to deal with it.

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is touching. i love it :)

jesusfreak17 replied...
Thank you so much! I didn't think it was that good. I was just writing what I felt at the moment. All the people I talk about in my stories are actually me and people I know. The girl in this particular story is me.

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
your welcome! i think your a really good writer! mind checking out any of my work? i'd like to have your opinion :)

jesusfreak17 replied...
Sure I'll look at some of your work.

thank you so much for commenting on my poems that means a lot to me. i'll rate and comment on some of your other work :)

Ashlynette said...
Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:55 am
That was very beautiful.

jesusfreak17 replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 9:28 am
thank you for your comment.

FR34K0N4L345H33 said...
Oct. 16, 2009 at 5:57 am
This is very touching.

jesusfreak17 replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 9:28 am
thank you for your comment.