Pregant

By , Norfolk, VA
Being pregnant has really affected my life physically, emotionally, and socially, never thought that I would be that girl getting ready to have a child at 16. I seen myself hanging and just living the teenage life, but God had other plans. This does not mean that my life is going to be crappy; however, it’s going to be hard. I’m strong enough to get through it, and provide for my child and me. The support of family means everything, I realize it was hard for them to find out their precious little girl is having a baby. My mother was upset but she came around now everybody can’t wait to meet our new edition. When I was sick during my 1st trimester I had no friends around. I was in and out of the hospital throwing up constantly while they were out having fun and partying I was on the bathroom floor at night trying to get up but couldn’t. I was torn up inside, thinking that they would be there. As I started getting better I knew everything worked out for its best. All my loved ones tell me, “Just because you’re having a baby doesn’t mean your life stopped, you’re` still going to graduate and become that doctor you always wanted to be.” They’re right. There are a lot of goals that I’m going to achieve in life, that’s going make my child very proud of her mommy.

flower2 said...
this story really touches my heart i can relate in so many ways. just keep ur head up

love4 said...
this essay is really good. i can relate ins o many ways n its a good thing that you have such great family support . keep your head up high you can do it

drama qu 101 said...
dont worry about anything...my mom was 16 too when she gave birth to me...her mom was really mad but she has to deal with it i guess....congrats on the new baby though!! even though i have no idea how old it is......

beautiful said...
i can really relate to this poem i love it

Quiera_ser_adorado<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i can sort of relate. my mother was 15 when she had me. i am adopted. i dont know her. so i think it is wonderful you are going to keep the child. i would have really loved to know her. i wish i had something to remember her by... but all i have is her blood.