"Save Me!"

“Help! Save me! I’m drowning!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. I flopped around wildly, trying to keep my head up.

Emily ran to me. “I’ll save you!” she called out heroically.

“Quick!” I shrieked. “I can’t take it much longer.” My arms and legs flew about. My hands desperately reached for something, but nothing was available.

Emily grabbed the rope and threw it to me. I grabbed it tight. She pulled and pulled. I lost my grasp. Emily tossed it out again. I held on with every fiber of my being. I yelled crazily. Emily tugged at the rope. She struggled to pull my body.

Finally, I climbed over the edge of the bathtub, let go of the Barbie jump rope, and collapsed onto the floor. Emily and I laughed hysterically.

“Okay,” I said. “Now it’s your turn to pretend to be sinking.”

musiclover94 said...
AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! This is one of the most adorable pieces I've ever read! I love it! It's so cute. Sorry for all the comments by the way, I'm reading all your stuff because I like what I'm reading!

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much. My cousin and I used to play this game all the time. You can comment as much as you want. I love getting comments.