The Window to the Soul | Teen Ink

The Window to the Soul

October 19, 2023
By oliviamae24 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
oliviamae24 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Katherine’s eyes are chocolate, a cliche, yes, but I can't describe them any other way without being wrong. They are fully brown, a slight ombre from outside in, but all you can imagine when looking at them are the flowing fountains of your favorite chocolate. Paige’s eyes take a step further into the abyss. Darker than Katherine’s, they look almost black. Until you see them in the light. Then it's like you are physically falling into them. Lara’s eyes are paint. A very light brown and green, but they swoop and swirl together, like spinning in a dance. Working together, but not mixing, they create a tie dye feel. And me? Well, I've got eyes that no one really looks at twice. In passing, they just look brown, maybe a bit of light brown, a bit of dark brown, but they aren't just brown. There is a ring surrounding the outer part of my eyes that looks like ivy. Our little group; five in total, we've all got very similar eyes, but Raylea… Raylea’s are different from the rest of us. They are the classic sky blue eyes practically every little girl dreams of having. You look at them and it's like the ocean opened up and out came these orbs.