My Pillow | Teen Ink

My Pillow

September 28, 2023
By 4staus SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
4staus SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear My Beloved Pillow,


Waking up Christmas morning and running up the stairs to find the presents hiding under the tee. Then I picked you up. I unwrapped the Santa Clause themed wrapping and there you lay. I was only 10 but knew it was love at first sight. Your bright white color looked like the warm smile of a mother looking at their newborn. You never fail to disappoint.


I had never seen a pillow that compares to you. The soft cloth you have, as I brushed up against my check. I gave you a hug, squeezing you tight. I felt the impression mark left in your memory foam. That night I tested you out. The firmness you have kept me afloat in the cloud like sheets of my bed. The memory foam seemed to absorb my thoughts, like a sponge in water, causing silence and peace. From then on, due to your slim profile I take you everywhere. You never fail to disappoint.


Giving me sleep makes me great. Without your service I would not be able to function. I am consumed by peace and darkness as soon as I touch you. My head becomes still like the night stars and my body seems to elevate to the sky. The deep sleep you give me causes me to wake up satisfied with a good night's rest. You never fail to disappoint. 


Before you every other pillow felt foreign. With others I would be failing school, underperforming in soccer, and waking up with no motivation. Headaches, neck soreness, restlessness, and dissatisfaction when I would wake up without you. But since the day I had gotten you, you never fail to disappoint.


You go unappreciated, but your work does not go unnoticed. 


Thank you for your continuous support,


Joshua