The worst day of school

The Worst Day of School

It was a cold and windy fall day. I was in fourth grade in my old school Saint John Bosco. I hopped out of the car “Bye Mom!” I yelled as she drove away. I ran in the front doors and saw my friends waiting for me. “Hi guys!” I said “Hi!” my friends said and we started to walk down the hallway to our classroom. The hallway was so loud as always and you could barley hear yourself think. My friend Casey said to me “Erin, your shoe is untied.” “I will tie it when we get in the classroom, thanks though.” I replied. Well, I was wrong.

We were still walking in the hallway down to my class and my friend Jenny Baumer was telling us jokes. As we were walking and laughing I stepped on my shoelace and fell on my face. ”Are you okay Erin?” my friends asked me. Well I wasn’t because I had a bloody nose and blood got on my uniform. I looked up from the floor and I saw that everyone was staring at me. I got up tied my shoe, put my backpack back on my back, and ran to my classroom. I didn’t say anything to my friends. I put my stuff at my desk when I got in the classroom, got a tissue for my nose, and went up to the teacher and asked for a nurse’s pass to get my nose cleaned up. I started to walk down the hallway and I saw my friends I walked right by because and I didn’t say anything to them. They were laughing and I thought they were laughing at me so I didn’t talk to them for the rest of the morning.

During lunch they came up to me and asked “So how is your nose?” “Fine!” I yelled “I saw you laughing at me when I was on my way to the nurse.” “We weren’t laughing at you Jenny told another joke.” My friends said “O well I was mad at you because I thought you were laughing at me. I’m sorry do you guys forgive me?” “Yes we forgive you. But next time you should ask us before you assume something.” My friends said “Ok guys do you want to go outside and play soccer?” I asked “Sure!” they said and then we went outside to play soccer with everyone else.

zee11 said...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 8:10 am
good writing!guess it needs a little more work on it :)

DifferentTeen said...
It was pretty interesting. But the title is being pretty drastic. Also, it felt like it was building up to some huge confrontation or some big event where everything went wrong. So I was disappointed when you guys just went outside to play soccer. I think it would have better if you made it into something with a moral. At the end you could have said something like "Don't make quick assumptions, because you could be completely wrong" or something like that. Maybe changethe title too? I don't know... (more »)

Someone_Who_Is_Loved said...

Great piece :)

Check out my work? Id really appreciate it :) Thanks

VirginieC This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
the title doesnt fit, the day really doesnt sound bad... also work on your transitions but this is a good idea

ProfessorLaytonRox said...
very good piece, though I have to agree, it needs a few touches.

mcpanicfanic said...
obvioulsy, this girl is very young. it is a good piece and good writing. keep it up!

caitlin.calamity said...
Nov. 26, 2009 at 3:21 am
You could be a very talented writer if you practice, practice, practice. :) You are very good with details. Your sentence structure could be improved but it is still very good. A rule of grammar: Always make new paragraphs when you use dialogue. Each new piece of dialogue spoken by a different person should become a new paragraph. For example:
The worst day I ever had started off with a cold and windy morning. Everything was going fine. That is until my friend, Casey, noticed my ... (more »)

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 4, 2009 at 11:28 am
Really good piece, but it could still use some work. :)

megtile@aol.com said...
coolieo!!!

HawaiianSeniorRaider said...
This was a very good start. I most definitely see room for potential, abd I really appreciated how personal this experience was. You chose an event that most readers are able to relate on, communication between friends.