Ferris wheel | Teen Ink

Ferris wheel

October 15, 2019
By Anonymous


            This is the worst day ever, it all started when I brought two friends to the amusement park the first problem was I brought two friends(Abby and Sarah)that knew each other and I guess they had an obscure past. 

         

   Abby has short hair and bangs she always wears barrettes and bows in her hair, she is also pretty tall for a thirteen-year-old at 5’6 she is way taller than me I'm only 5’3 her clothes matched her eyes perfectly with a blue t-shirt and hot pink pants also baby blue eyeshadow. 

         

 Sarah has shoulder-length dirty blond hair and was wearing a maroon shirt, with black pants, and sunglasses. She was sort of goth resembling but her personality was more bubbly than a pot of boiling soda, well until she saw Abby.


“Hey guys,” I said tensely there was obvious resentment between the two. “What should we do first.”

Sarah smirked at Abby “How about the hundred-foot drop.”

“Or the spinning wizzby ride,” Abby jabbed 

“How about the crazy connecter?” I stammered.

“Ok,” Abby and Sarah said in unison. They glared at each other, After the ride was over we decided to try about 15 other rides but avoided the screamer, and the spinning wizzby. Then we got food and ice cream. 

Sarah and Abby had started talking and fooling around after our 5th ride.


“Ok you guys lets finish this day off with the sky ride over to the Ferris wheel Abby and Sarah nodded reluctantly. 


“I guess we could end the day with the calm rides,” Sarah approved. Abby loathed heights and Sarah despised spinning but I guess the slow speed balanced it out. 


. . .


After we finished the sky ride, we strolled over to the Ferris wheel line (which wasn't excessively long surprisingly.) Abby Sarah and I had an awkward conversation that had been started by me.


“So why did you guys come with such a bad mood, you know not on speaking terms?” The two exchanged looks as to say should we tell her? No! Why not she should know? Fine! 


“TJ listen, we were once--”

“NEXT!” the Ferris-wheel-man roared.

“I--we will tell you later,” Sarah called turning to get in the seat. “Let's enjoy these last few minutes together.”


The ride started to move up. Sarah on my left grabbed my hand so hard I almost pushed her off by accident. Abby on the other hand practically pulled my arm off and was clinging to it like it was the end of the world. 


“Abby, Sarah It’s ok now take a deep breath ready and Inhale and ex--” The ride stopped abruptly and I yelped Sarah screamed Abby turned white and was paralyzed I got up the courage to look over the side, no one was getting on the ride. In fact, the cart wasn't even in the boarding zone. 


Then the lights went out, all across the entire park and lucky us we were at the top of the Ferris wheel. Abby realized what happened and she screamed, screamed louder than all three of us on the drop of doom together. Her scream rippled across the park, like water in a pond. Then she passed out. Sarah looked whiter than a ghost, we sat there for about 15 minutes to scared to talk. Abby woke up looked around then crumpled to the floor like a sack of potatoes. Then as suddenly as it stopped, it started again.


Sarah and I picked the unconscious Abby up off the floor and cradled her in our arms. One of the park rangers took one look at Abby and gave us a ride to the train station.


“Well this was a fun day,” Sarah smiled and looked down at Abby who had woke up. “Well for the most part.”

Abby managed a weak laugh and croaked “maybe we should never go on a Ferris wheel again” We all broke into snickers, then giggles, then full-on belly laughs.


Maybe it wasn't the worst day ever


The author's comments:

3 friend get stuck on a Ferris wheel