The Worst Mistake | Teen Ink

The Worst Mistake

By shaziazena BRONZE, Sacramento, California
shaziazena BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"All of you cared, none of you cared enough."- Hannah Baker

We all make mistakes but we all have our favorite one. The mistake I made was when I got in a fight at my old school. So school started and I was in class. Class was over then it was 13 minute break. I was looking for the girl and she was looking for me. Out of nowhere she gets me from the back. I thought wow she is a coward since she didn’t confront me first. We started fighting and she ended up winning but oh well. Then I had to go to the office. I waited there for like 3 hours. 

The office lady said “Why did you guys fight?”

I ignored her and didn’t answer the question. My mom came to the school. She was so mad on the way home. 

My mom asked, “Why did you get in a fight when you know you would get suspended?” 

I replied, “It was not even my fault.”

When we got home my mom started telling the whole story to everyone in the house. 

She says “Shazia got in a fight at school and got suspended.” 

I thought “I hate my life.”

It was funny and embarrassing at the same time. I wouldn’t get in a fight again though because being suspended makes you miss a lot of school work that is hard to catch up on. I realized that I should not care if people talk smack about me. Like the reason they talk behind my back is because they can never reach my level. I personally think that was my favorite mistake because I’ve grown so much since then. I don’t care about people talking about me anymore and I am just chilling now. 

It was a dramatic experience I had in middle school.