Stupid Joke | Teen Ink

Stupid Joke

May 15, 2019
By Luiz. GOLD, Tirana, Other
Luiz. GOLD, Tirana, Other
12 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Fake Snake uuhh, Fake Snake Yahh- Lil Gega


  Ever since I met a few new friends a year ago, a new inside joke between us started to pop up. I met these guys through my friend Andi. I found out that they played video games and I started to play with them as well. The first few times I hung out with those guys one of them, Glauk, said that I looked like a midget because I am the shortest out of them all. That's when everyone started saying  the word ‘midget’ to me, everyday. It started getting even worse later.
By then, everyone started saying the word every single day to me. I acted like I didn’t care about it. But it actually became very annoying. I always kept on trying to brush the jokes away every time but they would never stop. I was beginning to feel sad sometimes, but I couldn’t express that to my friends, because then they would make even more fun of me for getting mad at a stupid joke. Everyone in my family is very tall, but I am not living up to their height, and I would consider myself as ‘the different one’. My older brothers are about 190 cm and I am barely 165cm.  Because the joke was being said every single day, I kind of got used to it. But every time we went out they would always find a way to tease me about being short on anything they said. That’s when it really started to get annoying to the point where I had to yell really loudly at my friend Toni for saying it too many times. Then it started getting even worse. They realized that I got annoyed every time they made a short joke so then they started saying it even more. Sometimes when they asked me to go out with them and I wouldn’t want to go because I so full of the short jokes.  Sometimes I even considered to never talk to them again, but I felt like that would be too stupid to do so.
  After finally realizing that the stupid joke was never going to stop I kind of got used to it. Sometimes I would even laugh at the jokes too. But whenever they took it a little bit out of hand I would tell them to stop, but they would not. But still, that didn’t bother me. I really started to get bothered when the friends at school started making fun of me as well. That's when I started getting ‘depressed’. ‘Depressed’ is a strong word, but I was getting very n  I was asking myself questions like: What if I will never grow? What will my parents think? Will the jokes ever stop? I was wishing everyday that I would grow taller and imagining my life growing taller and also imagining my life not being able to grow at all. I wanted to keep my mind away from it every time, but I couldn’t. Everywhere I went I would get told short jokes, the only place that was safe was home. Even my older brothers made fun of me sometimes, telling me that I would never grow, but I didn’t care about that, I was worried when my friends made fun of me.
  After really getting used to it, the jokes don’t bother me. Now, everyone that makes short jokes does it to have a fun time with me, since I no longer have a problem with it. But now, I start to realize that they have decreased by a lot. Now my older friends have started telling jokes about me being younger than them, even though the difference is by only one year. I don’t get bothered by them at all, because I already went through the phase of being made fun of to the point where you wish to change.