My Necklace | Teen Ink

My Necklace

October 11, 2018
By Jaidefisher BRONZE, Lambertville, Michigan
Jaidefisher BRONZE, Lambertville, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My necklace, cold to the touch, with meaningful cursive writing on  the front for all to notice. heartfulness meaning,  it shines in the sun while it slowly sways when I walk. As I slid my fingers across the heart, memories strike in my head the day i received it. When i slowly snap back into reality, I catch myself smiling, and realizing how in love I am. Remembering all the laughter, goofy singing contests in the car and all the time we spent together. All of the memories seem like a dream a dream that i never want to wake up from.

I get up every morning in my bedroom I get dressed in some baggy sweatpants and a plain tee shirt with my hair thrown up into a messy bun. I make some cinnamon toast crunch cereal and I get myself a glass full of ice water. Not knowing today is going to be so meaningful. As I finish up my cereal im scrolling through my phone and I see a message from my boyfriend in the message it calmly said “want to come over today I have a present for you”  as I read the message a slight smile came to my face, making my face red as a cherry.

As the sun peeked over the trees I stood in the rocky road patiently waiting, when I was standing there I could smell all of the beautiful fresh flowers and could hear all of the birds singing in the wind.  As the sun got higher up in the sky everything grew hotter by the minute. Time flew by and my boyfriend slowly pulled into my driveway with his navy blue chevy cruze.

He walked out of his car he let out a slight smile, his eyes are bluer than the sky itself, and his hair is slicked back with gel.  From close up you can see the small hairs poking through his skin. As he comes up to me with a white box that has black cursive writing on the front, saying a certain store. He hands me the box my face is

flushed, red and my palms are sweating. I receive the box and i stand there with joy, and my heart pounding in my chest hearing every beat as I open up the box i see my gold necklace with my name and his name in a infinity heart.

This necklace is one of the most important things to me because of all the meaning it has, all the love it shows. It makes me smile everytime I see it in the mirror resting on my chest. It shows that someone deeply cares for me and proves that there is love in the world, and that everyone will find love one day.