The Truth About Me | Teen Ink

The Truth About Me

By peaches71113 BRONZE, Lemont, Illinois
peaches71113 BRONZE, Lemont, Illinois

“Hi, My name is Kiley…”

She’s a small town heartbreaker whose mission in life is to try and make everyone happy even if she may not be. Kinda funny how the person who wants to make everyone happy is breaking their heart and leaving a trail of tears behind her. Most of which are her own. She has broken the hearts of past loves, timed out crushes, and those closest to her. She has been through hell and back with past loves. Been through the ring with crushes that crushed her heart. And close friends? Take a different route for a while. Avoid at all cost might as well be written on her forehead. One of the worst ones she has went through, is her own. She continues to make some of the same mistakes through it all. She has lost friendships, trust, even part of herself through it all. All she continues to do is power through the everyday and smile. Even if all is lost. She would make sure to smile.

Someone once told her “You can’t make everyone happy” , two of her closest friends told her that. “I know but I can try” Her positive outlook on life also blinded her from how cruel the world really is. By day she's fighting stress, depression and everything in between. By night she is fighting all the tears, ridicule and the darkness inside her. It runs its course nearly once or twice a week and then is back to normal. Those who don’t know her know her as always happy, those who know her know she constantly fights this battle with her mind.

“… I’ll be Okay, I always am”