I Will Miss You Dad | Teen Ink

I Will Miss You Dad

By Eliza Shelton BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Eliza Shelton BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

I just found out that my mom and dad are separating from being together for 16 years. I am only 15 years old and a 15 year old girl needs her dad.  My dad is from Chicago Illinois but we live in Texas. Therefore my dad is going back to Chicago which means we will be thousands of miles away from him. Yes, like every couple they all have fights and their ups and downs but us kids always hope it doesn’t go too far where they end up separating. I always loved my mom and dad, we had great memories together we would always go to the Lone Star park to see the horses race. I remember my dad always making a way no matter what struggles we faced. But the youngest child of 3, I tend to take the whole separating concept very personal and hardest. Now where do I began? Do I keep acting like everything is perfectly fine, or do I turn to violence. At this point I really don’t know what to do except to cry and wish I was never born. But here is the important thing I HAVE TO BE STRONG just for the sake of myself. Deep down I am actually a weak person but here is my chance to show myself that I can make it through anything. I love you dad, I will always love you, and you are the best dad in the whole wide world even though I can disappoint you sometimes you were always there for me when I needed you. I will always be there for you no matter how many miles we are apart. I will try my best in school to make you proud because I know how much you want me to graduate high school.