I Want to be Remembered by... | Teen Ink

I Want to be Remembered by...

By torigirl0609 PLATINUM, Palm Coast, Florida
torigirl0609 PLATINUM, Palm Coast, Florida

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."

Walking down the halls of my High School, you can hear the laughter of students, the clank of keys, and the pats of the shoes as they walk to their friends. One female can jump from group of friends, to group of friends, to even another group, and fit right in. She doesn’t have a problem being accepted anywhere, and very few dislike her. She doesn’t feel like she’s made any major impact on the world over all, but in her friends, and family’s life she changes their lives on a daily basis. There are three main traits that she wants her friends and family to remember her by. I am that young girl, and I want my friends and family to remember me by how great of a friend or girlfriend I am, my humor, and my honesty.

Many people can be a good person, and have many people like them, but it takes a lot to have everyone tell you how remarkable of a friend and girlfriend I am. I want my friends and family to remember how good of a friend I am to them. I want my best friend, to look back and remember the time when her and her boyfriend broke up, and I dropped everything I was doing and I rushed over to her house to sped the night. I want her to remember how I was her shoulder to cry on all night, and how I would make her favorite foods just to make sure she was happy. I am extremely pleased when the one’s I love are taken care of, like how when my boyfriend comes over I make sure he I always make him food, and we always do what he want’s to do. Or how I would take care of my brother , and sister when my parents were too lazy to take care of their own children, I became their second mother and I love every moment of it, even though it wasn’t a situation that a teenager should have to be in. The one thing I want more than anything is for my friends and family to look back and say that they are proud of whom I have become; proud of how much I have changed in the last four years. That’s all I wanted to hear.

Laughter is considered to be the best medicine. If you can laugh everything will be okay. Then call me the queen doctor because I can always make someone laugh. It doesn’t matter whom I am with or where I am, I can make them laugh up a storm. I love that my seventh period is full of laughter. Even the females around us, that don’t particularly like us, laugh at my ridiculous antics. One female told me she does not like me, but I made her day with my “act.” I want my best friend to remember that all the times he has told me that I always make him laugh, and that he can’t stay mad, or sad because I make him laugh with my stupidity. My best friend Krystal’s, and Margaux come to me all the time asking for a good laugh. When Margaux’s father upsets her she calls me, and every time when we get off the phone she thanks me for making her forget her hurt. I love it when my younger brothers come to me because someone was mean to them, or they are just having a down day, and ask “Sissy, I am sad, will you make me laugh?” Seeing my loved ones eyes light up when I tell a joke, or make a hilarious face, is the best reward I could ever ask for. I want my friends and family to reminisce and smile because they were never upset when there where around me. The world is at peace for just a moment when you laugh, that’s what I want.

Lastly, I want my friends to remember me by my honesty. People either cannot speak the full truth, or accept the whole truth. I feel everyone should be told the complete truth even if it hurts him or her. Feeling the way I do makes me very candid with the people around me, and I want my friends and family to remember my brutal honesty. When Krystal’s boyfriend at the time, was not acting right and she needed to talk to him. I told her that if he really loved her like he said, he would not ignore her and would make efforts to see her. She got mad at me until he broke up with her and she comes to me apologizing for her rudeness. I want Daniel to remember when he came to me for advice and I told him how it was. He asked me how he should tell his parents something he did wrong. I told him that you couldn’t back out; you just have to go to them with confidence not to be scared, and tell your parents that you need to talk to him. Later that day he came to me and he told me that my advice was perfect, and he thanked me for that. I want my friends and family to look back and remember that I told it how it was when I gave it advice. I want them to appreciate that I did not sugar coat it. I want my friends to remember how I told the person they didn’t like how it was. Giving advice can be hard because you may not know how to tell some one the truth, but I do not care. I want them to say, “She told it like it is., and held nothing back”

Everyone wants to be remembered by something great they did, some want to be remembered by how popular they were, or by the profuse amount of materialistic items they owned; I do not! I want my friends and family to recollect the time I did everything for them. I want my friends, Krystal and Margaux, to recall all the times I was there when they needed me. I want Daniel to remember that his needs always came before mine. I want my Courtlyn, Halli, and Brandon to laugh because they remember all the things I’ve done in seventh period. I want my parents, to remember all the weight I have been forced to carry on my shoulders due to their neglect, and that I still managed to handle taking care of them, a house hold, along with two children while taking honors, and A.P classes in school Being remembered by the good traits I have is one of the best rewards. I acted the way I want to be remembered ten years from now, not everyone does, and they end up looking at how their life is one big mess. At the end of the day the most important thing I want to be remembered for is being me; no one else, me.