May 2, 2012 | Teen Ink

By jennifer27 PLATINUM, Sunnyside, Washington
jennifer27 PLATINUM, Sunnyside, Washington

Instead of being at school I was at my pastors house, with his wife and my two sisters. I was waiting for my dad to call so we can find out if my mom had a baby boy or girl.

Because I already had two sisters, I wanted a brother badly. As long as my mom had a boy things could be different. We could buy toy cars instead of baby dolls, royal blue instead of fuchsia pink, tuxedo suits instead of dresses, etc. When I was small I would rather play with toy cars instead of baby dolls. I've never like baby dolls. They have always freaked me out.

Then the phone rang at 10:31am. I was wondering lots of different things in my head, like Has the baby been born yet?, What are we going to name the baby?, What is it a boy or a girl? etc. I picked up the phone my dad was on the other line, “Has the baby been born yet?” I asked.

“Yes, the baby was born at 1:34am.” He replied.

“It was a baby boy right a brother?” I asked again.

He replied by saying “No, it was a baby girl, another sister.

“What? Your lying right? Your just saying that to get me mad like you always do?” I asked in disappointment.

He responded by saying, “No, I'm not lying. Ill show you some pictures of her in 10 minutes oaky.”

I said “Okay. Then see you here in 10 minutes.”

Then the door bell rang. I opened the door. My dad came in and hugged Jaretzy, my 2 year old sister. He showed me the pictures of my new baby sister. She was so beautiful and adorable with those fat cheeks. I fell in love with her right that moment.

That's when I realized having another baby sister is not so bad. I will always there for her. I will feed her, give her a bottle. When she cries, I will carry her. I will change her diaper. It's like she's mine. I love her with all my heart and I'll never regret having another baby sister. She has changed my life 180 degrees. I just hope my mom has a baby boy some day.