My First Memory

My very first memory was when I was three or four. It wasn’t something that happened or a conversation that I had. It felt as if it was the first time I was in my body and then time just seemed to start.

The beginning wasn’t through my body though. It was like I was hovering over the kitchen in my house and floated down though the hallway were I would look left and see a room with a blue flora wall paper with two bunk beds and a toy chest, and some how I knew that that was my room that I would share with my sister.

I turned the corner and there were two rooms opposite to each other, one of which was odiously the bathroom and the other had one bunk bed and colored walls of which colors I can’t remember but I knew it was my brother’s room.

I finally made it to the living room where everyone was and for a moment I was hovering over myself then I lowered down into my body. Time stared then, movement and noise, and then my mom called what I could only guess was my name, and everything went from there.

good_timesw_bffs said...

I loved it.

End of story.
<3

RyanTyler replied...
Dec. 21, 2011 at 7:30 am :
Thank you :):)

AnimaCordis said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 11:19 am:
This is a cool first memory to have! It mantains the fuzzy feeling that distant memories have, it's short but sweet and is very touching. I really like the ending, it makes it all sound mystical. In my first memory I was floating as well, although i wasn't in a house, I was in a tree. I remember the smell of rian and wet leaves. I was never lowered back into my body, that might say something about me.

RyanTyler replied...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:06 pm :
Thank you.

FlaviusJacobiusOssummussThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I kind of have similar memories from when I was little.  But then, I don't know how many of those are actually memories, and how many are merely fabrications of an extremely imaginative young mind.

RyanTyler replied...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm :
I know, there are times when I thought something happened but it never actually did. I think this one might be real though, it's stuck with me since I was little. And unlike fake memories were thing change, this one never has.

Guinevere_of_Summerland said...
Sounds like an out of body experience! I liked it. :)

RyanTyler replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:59 am :
It was and thank you.