My baby sister...

I was walking through the hospital, peeking into every door, searching within every crevice. I wanted to see her... I wanted to hold her in my arms and feel her soft, smooth skin. I wanted to hear her breathing softly against my chest. We were coming toward the hospital door, number 251. I saw my mother with a big grin spread across her face, but pale from being so tired. She was sitting in a bed covered with wrinkled white and blue covers. I slowly walked toward the baby, sleeping in the crib. She looked peaceful under so many blankets. My dad picked her up and she was limp in his arms. Her sparkling eyes opened with curiosity and a small smile spread across her little face. After sitting down, I was handed the baby. She smelled like freshly picked flowers and baby powder. Her small hands were pink and soft. I felt her softly breathing on my neck when all of a sudden came… a cry. I handed her back to my mom, worried that I would hurt her. She was so young and still had a lot to see in this world.

Naomi518 said...
this is really cute! it's not a bad thing that it's short I just wish you discribed more of what you were feeling than what happened. Like when you were holding her, how did you feel when she looked at you? when she breathed on you?

Victoria.S replied...
Oct. 8, 2011 at 12:05 pm :
Yes, this is one of my first drafts so I am planning to add more. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try them sometime :)

Victoria.S said...
SORRY its so short :(