A Day In The Life | Teen Ink

A Day In The Life

February 22, 2011
By Rory7 SILVER, Kanata, Other
Rory7 SILVER, Kanata, Other
6 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Live Freaky! Die Freaky!”-billie joe armstrong


I love cinnamon buns. I know pretty random thought to start an autobiography but it’s true. When I was about six, my older sister Amanda and I were making some one afternoon and that’s my earliest memory of eating cinnamon buns and loving them. Amanda makes really good food in general. I think she gets annoyed though because I can’t eat a lot of stuff, so the food options are very restricting. Baby carrots were my favorite snack when I was five or six. One day I was fine, the next BAM, not so good any more. Baby carrots were the first of a long list of many fruits and vegetables I cannot eat. The allergy is called Oral Allergy Syndrome. At this point the only fruit I can eat is raspberries, good thing they are my favorite.

My entire life isn’t about foods I can and cannot eat, even though at times it seems like it is. I’ve always loved music, the way you love food. A love you can’t easily explain, but one you can easily compare. Think of it this way: You don’t like all types of foods, just like you don’t like all types of music. Some may be easier to bear than others, and when you love one you can’t explain why you love it, you just do. Given the choice between the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, I think I would pick the Beatles. My favorite Beatles are George Harrison and Ringo Star. My favorite bands are Oasis and Green Day. The lyrics of my favorite songs are what I strive to write like. “Slowly walking down the hall faster than a cannon ball” I love the way it contradicts itself. Making it sound so simple, but kind of corny and beautiful. I don’t know, I just love it.


What took me a while to love was reading, I didn’t really start to love it unlit about grade three. My teacher was reading an amazing book to our class, and my mom had bought me one. I was in this huge horse phase, and this was a fiction story about a Canadian girl who went to live with her Aunt and Uncle on a farm. It was so well written, I wanted to read more books and more. It got me addicted to the written word. After that I began to want to write my own stories, make up my own characters and create my own poetry.

I have two older half sisters and one younger brother. Amanda is the oldest, Moriah’s the second oldest, I’m the middle child, and Landon’s the baby. In September 2003 Amanda got married, and I was the flower girl. I got a big white dress and new shoes, and the icing on the cake, a tiara. I’m not sure why that memory is so vivid, but it still is. 2002 Moriah moved away, the effects of that event are just starting to appear now. I want to move, I want to see new places, meet new people, and I think the roots of this are in a Moriah leaving.
I’m Me I have no idea what I’m doing most of the time and I have no idea what tomorrow will bring… but I’m ready!


The author's comments:
I was really hungry, and I was craving cinnamon buns and then all of a sudden...I got this.