A Dream Come True | Teen Ink

A Dream Come True

December 18, 2010
By Anonymous

The Playstation 3. It is the holy grail of gaming, the crème of the collective crop of all game systems. It is what all men dream of obtaining in order to fulfill their digital desires. After around three years of the Playstation 3’s existence, it had been bought by everyone and anyone, well, everyone except me.
The Playstation 3 caught my eye when I first saw it, and I had fallen in love with it instantly. I had been wishing for it for multiple Christmases and birthdays, but I never got it. I was convinced it was just not meant to be. However, that conclusion was erased about a week and a half ago. My brothers and I were talking about the possibility of getting a new game system, and we all agreed on a Playstation 3. I was convinced that this was just a myth, and that we wouldn’t really just buy the system just like that on the spot, but once again, I was proven wrong. Later that day, we went to the store and bought a Playstation 3, and I think that when we did, my jaw hurt from hitting the floor. I was literally drooling when I laid my hands on it, but we did not install it until three days later. When it was installed I jumped on it instantly and played for a few hours, and then I let my brothers play for a while. However, every second I was away from it killed me a little inside. That is the impact a game system can have on a dedicated gamer like me.
I was so happy to finally have a Playstation 3 like all of my friends. I was finally technologically up to date and I could proceed with my gaming career. Getting it was a dream that I had had for many years, and I was shocked and excited when that dream came true.