The Riot | Teen Ink

The Riot

By zontart BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
zontart BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

don't worry be happy

It was mid November when it happened. It started with a dare and ended with disaster. It all started with just a note from my guitar. I wouldn’t have changed it for the world.

I was mindlessly messing around in woodshop doing everything but what I was suppose to do when my friend gave me the dare. Bring your guitar to school and play it, something so easy and risk free I didn’t think it would end like it did. So I happily agreed.

The next day I brought it and played my fingers off in my second period woodshop, but I still had five periods to go. After fourth we went to lunch to eat in our little overcrowded lunchroom.

I walked around with my guitar and played small songs for some of my many friends. Just after I finished “La Cucaracha” I heard from across the cafeteria, “YEAAAAA!!!!! POPTART!!!!!,” Followed by a clap. Then another clap, and then another. Soon the whole cafeteria stood and clapped all for me. I graciously strolled down the middle aisle with my guitar in my hands when my assistant principal (Ms.Humphries) started following me, I of course kept playing. She walked faster, so I played and walked faster. She followed me to the end of the cafeteria before finally stopping me, the last thing I did before being escorted to the office was bow to my awesome audience.

In the office they tried charging me for inciting a riot and classroom distraction. But of course it wouldn’t hold up in court so they just held on to my guitar for a week, along with guidance center for running from the principal.

Everyday I remember Edward, the man that rose to his feet and gave me that first clap, and all the rioting and cheering for me afterwards. This event fills my head every morning just before I play guitar. It’s something I’ll remember forever.

Another story for my final exam