I wonder who you'd be today. | Teen Ink

I wonder who you'd be today.

By armygirl22 GOLD, Brandon, Florida
armygirl22 GOLD, Brandon, Florida

i finally understand what true love really means. love means that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.

Everyday, I sit here and wonder what you're doing today. I always wonder who you are today. I haven't seen you in such a long time. You've moved away, moved on. Maybe it was best if you moved on. We were too close. But I don't know. I miss you more than words can describe. I don't know what I'd be today if you were still here. Would I be happy? Would I've been upset? All you ever made me was sad and I just, don't know babe. Ah, babe. Calling you that, just brings back so many memories that I just, can't think of right now. They are there in my mind now. I wish they weren't.

Thinking of you makes me sad. Especially our times we shared together. I was your everything. You were mine. What happened? We grew up, we moved on. We made new lives and new friends. Bad idea? Good idea. I wish you could be here for me while I'm growing up. I wish you could see all the stuff I do and go through. But most of all, I wish you were mine again. It's just so hard to go on somedays. I think about you when I'm depressed and could think of ending it. I don't get many of those days now. But, so many people keep reminding me of you. They keep asking of you, finding your jackets, cause you know we all have your jackets.

There is just something about you that Florida doesn't wanna forget about. I think it's the sense of humor of yours. Or it could possibly be the way you could make me light up by just saying "Hi." I think everyone misses you cause they miss seeing me happy. I don't know. I guess I'll never know 'til the day you come back. I always wonder who you'd be today. Maybe one day I won't have to wonder; I'll know. Because you'll be here, in my arms. Letting me know everything is going to be okay and will always be okay and letting me know that no one hates me and if they do, they are just dumb.

I'm stretching out of reach, but you're just out too far. I've got my arms wide open, waiting for that hug you promised me before you'd leave. I'm still waiting for Friday to happen, the day you were supposed to see me before you moved. I'll always be waiting for more memories to make.

Oh boy, I never thought I could write a whole paragraph on missing you. Congratulations, you've made the biggest impact on my life. You should be glad. You could make me smile, cry, be happy, be mad. You could make me do everything I wanted. You showed me all I wanted. You trusted me with you're life as I did with you.

My best friend always tells me when you get brought up in a conversation that she thinks it was true love. She thinks you're the only person I've ever loved in my life. And to tell you the truth, I think she is right. No one makes me feel how you made me feel, babe. No one has made me smile like you did. No one makes me giggle after crying like you did. No one can ever kiss me the way you did, and always catch me off guard. And fight me when I didn't kiss you in front of my friends, which I warmed up too after a while. You were a jerk to me at times, but I was also a witch to you. So I guess you could say it evens out, right?

Like I've told you before; I missed you while you were here. I'll miss you when you're gone. I'll miss you when I'm standing with you. But most of all, I miss, us. I can't sit here and name all the things we've done together. You know that it'd take way too long to do. I never sit here and cry about what we used to be. I sit here and laugh about what we could be in the future. You make me laugh even when I'm not talking to you. There is something about you that I just can't get over. The fact that you do look like a girl still gets me every time. I'm just playing with ya, I love you. You know that. We may have questioned it and had some pretty rough times. But we made it through. And in the end, I think you could say we were the best couple we could be. We lasted and didn't break up for stupid reasons.

It's not like this is helping me, but in a way, it is. It's reminding me of you, something I've needed. I haven't been happy and thinking of you makes me happy. This makes it sound as if you've died instead of moving away about five states. I hate how you couldn't tell me you were moving. Hearing it from your sister was the worst feeling in the world. One thing I cannot believe is; That it hurts like this. We dated for such a long time. Hah, It's crazy, we even planned out kids names. A year from now, I won't remember them, but you always will. Because you always yelled at me for forgetting and you wouldn't tell me them. I had to guess them. Well, I can't write anymore, cause I'll end up missing you even more, which is something I cannot handle right now. I love you. For one last time. I'd love to hear you say it.

I wrote this about my first true love, and a couple months later, he came back into my life.