Broken: Part one | Teen Ink

Broken: Part one

February 4, 2010
By Anonymous

I was molested.

By my brother.

I told my parents. Twice. That's how many times I had to have them to listen to me. That I was hurting and suffocating by the fakeness of their happyness. I am the black sheep and also the youngest of the five children that my parents had. I hate it when they say that they love their children equally. I know that it is not true.


The first person who I ever told was my first boyfriend. Then I told my sister when we were falling asleep one night on my bunkbed. She was on the bottom and I was on the top.

"Jen, I have to tell you something," I said breaking the silence in the darkness of the room.

"What?" She whispered. Her two girls are in the same room asleep so we had to be quiet.

"I was molested."

Nothing made a sound. Not even the toy in the baby's cribe.

I started to cry. "Please don't tell anyone." I heard movement followed by ruffling of her sheets.

"Don't cry, it is okay. I won't tell." She held me for some time then went back down to her bed underneath of me. I got up and went to the bathroom and I had cut myself on my wrist.

The first time I told my parents, they called me a liar and I'm a troubled teenager. They made me delete my Myspace because they thought that I was talking to some creep and needed a way to get out of it, and I was grounded for about two months. I mean, I know that they didn't understand about the whole situation. I knew that they were in pain but it seemed like they didn't believe me. Then before I knew my own parents shut me out of everything. They gave me more chores to a point where I was the only one who was cleaning and picking up after everyone.

Oh god the second time, it was even more heartbreaking then the first.

A teacher got involved because I went to him crying and telling him all of these things about my brother, cutting and homelife.

Then the guidance counselor.

And a detective from the county's sheriff department.

I think that's enough for today, reader. The second part is really long and I am at school right now. But don't worry, I will finish this story because I have to tell you.


The author's comments:
When I wrote this, I was at school.
I had to write this but I still have a lot more to say on this subject.