Dear Future...

Dear Future...

Where are you? You walk so fast, I lost sight of you.. I thought I was following you, but i caught up to it, and realized it wasn't you. I am lost. I look around and see people that look like you, people that sound like you, people that make me wonder if it is you in disguise... so I followed them, because I was afraid of staying lost. But they led me astray. I find myself, more deeply lost then before. I walk along this road, nearly pointlessly, in hopes of finding you again.

But what... whats that? I think... no it cannot be, could that be you? Could I see you up on that mountain there a few miles in front of me? So far and yet so close? Is it you? Call out to me! So that I do not climb it, just to find that it was not you... Just to be misslead again. But I want to be up on that mountain with you. I want to know that it is where I am supposed to be. I miss having you in front of me. I dont want to be lost anymore. Come back... Or should I catch up...?
I run to you, and grow faster and stronger, I am at the foot of that mountain... but what is this? You... your are descending down the side... the opposite side? No! Come back! wait for me I cannot lose you again! I cannot feel what i felt back there! I will not!

You falter... And I run. Up the mountain to the top. You are halfway down already. I run back down the other side, gaining on you. You are back on a road, a dirt road... its strange... I feel that I know that road. As I run I realize, that this is the road leading home.

I have finally made it up and down from that mountain, just to find you miles ahead on the road home. I am gaining on you once again, I've searched to hard and been alone for to long, to have you disappear again. I am right behind you, watching your every movement, I know you are mine, i know I have you now, I am smiling and I push one last time, knowing I will be embraced by the one I lost.
As I jump forward I see someone else, their road joining with mine, their future takes the hand of mine, but where are they? They are walking, inside of their future... Whats this? there is someone walking... inside of mine... How is this possible... I worked so hard to find you again... but I trip in my pain... my road disappears, and merges with theirs... It is gone... I crumble to the ground, onto my knees...

There on my knees, everything is gone, its cold and dark. I have no future, I have nothing to work for anymore...

I lost you... again...

No more wondering inside this land i call my heart,
To find the future I thought I wanted, but lost, just to find it again, and realize, i waited to long... My heart is empty now, so dark and cold...

My road is beneathe my feet... and nowhere else... not around me... not in front of me... not behind me... nowhere... Its gone. only beneath my feet.

Goodbye, my almost lover,

So long, My should have been future

I am sorry for loosing you... for waiting to long...

It is time to wake up now...

Goodmorning.

livinglaughingloving said...
Sept. 22, 2009 at 6:41 am
It's really coolio how u wrote this

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this was amazing! It was breathtaking! It spoke to you, this piece. It really spoke out to you. I love the way it was written. You really captured the reader. Great job, you are a great writer! Oh, and I agree wiht arrowed_rain.

lucy4himnotu replied...
thank you so much! Im so incredibly pleased that you liked it!

arrowed_rain said...
I know that my English teachers are always pounding on me to 'get the six traits right'. If you know what the six traits of writing are, then I think you should know that you have them all pretty close to perfection. (if not, they are...word choice, sentence fluency, organization, voice, conventions, ideas, and the +trait presentation. whew. *wipes sweat off forehead*)
I really liked how you told this. You did a good job connecting your feelings with an unseen 'land�... (more »)

Lucy4himnotu replied...
wow, thank you. that means so much! Im glad it struck you as it struck me while I wrote it :)

sunshine123! replied...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 11:27 am
This is a very good memior, I like how you ask all these questions!

Lucy4himnotu replied...
Thank you :) I believe that so many think they know the answers in life, perhaps I should ask THEM the questions ;)