Historical Figure I'd Like to Meet | Teen Ink

Historical Figure I'd Like to Meet

By ekrede GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
ekrede GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

As I sat in bed, tears streaming down my face, splashing onto the pages of my book, Allegiant, all I could think was Why? I had just finished one my favorite trilogies ever, The Divergent Series, and to say I was confused, devastated, and frustrated by the ending of the book would be an understatement. Trying to find ways to understand the ending, I thought, maybe I’ll send the author, Veronica Roth, an email. I mean, she is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, she has to provide SOME clarity. But, I knew this email would get me nowhere, considering she probably receives thousands of emails a day from fans.

I have found that there is only one option of how I am going to get answers and that would be to meet Veronica Roth myself. I would ask the question that has been eating at me since I finished the book: “Just why did you feel the need to kill not only the main character, but also my favorite character?”

With these answers, I would most likely have a greater appreciation for Veronica herself, but also all other authors would make their endings heart-wrenchingly sad.