Senior Chief McClain | Teen Ink

Senior Chief McClain

April 6, 2017
By Firefighter612 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Firefighter612 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I nominate Senior Chief McClain as Educator of The Year. Senior Chief is caring, friendly and humorous. He can help you with a problem or make you laugh when you are feeling down. He is just the kind of person who is helpful and always knows what to say or do in to help you or make you feel better about something. 
Senior Chief is caring because every day he asks the platoon how we are doing. He also is willing to stay after school to give you extra help with drill or schoolwork if you need it. Just ask, and Senior Chief will be willing to give you help in a heartbeat. He also gives us a good description of our homework and answers any questions we have about it before he assigns it.


Senior Chief is a very friendly person. He is usually in a very good mood, unless you annoy him and keep talking after he has asked you to keep it down multiple times. He will be willing to talk about a problem you may have at home or in school if you ask him to talk about it on the side in private. If you ask him for advice about something, he will be glad to help you out.


Senior Chief is a very funny person. He always has a funny or informative personal story for what subject we are talking about. He can make up jokes about a certain object or story to make the whole platoon laugh really hard. Senior Chief is good at making jokes about cadets in the platoon without hurting their feelings or making it personal but making them laugh.


In conclusion, I think Senior Chief deserves the Educator of the Year because he is a very caring, friendly, and humorous person. He will help you with a problem or make a joke to make you laugh when you are feeling down. It also makes us feel welcome when he asks the platoon how we all are at the beginning of class.