Kenny Canady | Teen Ink

Kenny Canady

April 22, 2015
By Tomas Vallejo BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Tomas Vallejo BRONZE, Houston, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Kenny Canady
Although labeled as a teacher on my classes sheet, I believe my teacher is much more than that. My world geography teacher, Mr. Canady I see as a life and school mentor. It takes a lot for a man to dedicate so much time of his life, to his students, in order for him to see them strive for success. That is why I believe that my teacher should be awarded with the "Teacher of the year" award. With his phenomenal test scores coming from his regular and advanced classes, he assures people that it is not he that did it himself. These good test scores have been accomplished with hard work and dedication coming from all of his students. Mr. Canady also integrates some of his own teaching techniques onto his lesson plan for example having vocabulary words and him having us study them. That helps with understanding the words on tests that are giving to us. The results of that you can clearly see from the good grades his classes get. I forgot to mention that he is also a football coach. Which in my opinion that sticks out aside from just a regular teacher, knowing that he has to manage a class full of teens yearning to learn, and an entire football team. All of these examples I explained in this story are reasons why I believe why my teacher Coach Canady should be awarded the one and only teacher of the year.


The author's comments:

I was inspired by the way my teacher taught, and how much I greatly improved.