Mrs. Nelson | Teen Ink

Mrs. Nelson

Over the course of my 12 years of school, I have had many different teachers. I have had hard teachers, funny teachers, and some teachers who are out of their minds. The one teacher who has had the greatest influence on me is Mrs. Nelson. She is funny, she has great energy, and she loves teaching. She shows devotion towards her students and will go out of her way to help them when they are struggling. She is, by far, one of the best teachers I have ever had.

On September 2, 2005, I underwent emergency brain surgery and spent a total of six weeks in the hospital. This was a very bad time in my life. I was close to dying and the outcome of my recovery was unknown. When I came back to school after my brain injury, she helped me out extremely. She went out of her way to help me with assignments for all of my classes. She showed, most importantly, great patience with me. When I first came back to school, I was forgetful about things and couldn’t remember the material I learned. She was there to help me with all of my work and get caught up if I ever fell behind.
She has been teaching for a long time and is one of the most experienced teachers in Arrowhead Union High School. She is respected by every teacher in the school and is a mentor for upcoming teachers who are just starting out in their careers.

Mrs. Nelson is spectacular. She is so easy to talk to and she is a great listener. When students go to her for help, she listens to what they have to say and puts all of her effort into helping them out. She has an awesome influence on her students and treats each of them like they are her children, which is nice because she shows her students she is passionate about giving them the best education possible.

Mrs. Nelson is one of the coolest teachers that I have ever had. She has touched my life and she has touched many other students’ lives as well. If I ever tried thanking her, I don’t think she would truly understand how thankful I am. She is, once again, the best teacher I have ever had.