The greatest teacher I know | Teen Ink

The greatest teacher I know

January 9, 2015
By AnastasiaB. BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
AnastasiaB. BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever studied in the country, especially when you don’t know the language very well? I don’t think that there a that many students, that left United States to study in different countries. I have never been lucky with my teachers in Russia. They always hated me because I was going almost all work in another way they didn’t like. I have never been, an excelled student in Russia. So my family decided to send me to study in another country where I can live but myself.
In winter of 2013, I came to the US to study in my first international school. When I came there, I thought that I knew English perfectly, but when I met other students from my grade I couldn’t understand what they were talking about. I feel so sad, there were many girls talking to me and they seemed friendly, but I couldn’t understand them. When I had to do to my first class after testing, it was Mrs. Tarrant’s study hall. When I came there she was so friendly to me and another Chinese boy. Everyday I had Mrs. Tarrant either as Esol English or Study hall teacher or both. I have learned a lot from her that in any other teacher in Russia.
In the 7th grade Mrs. Tarrant was my teacher for English, History and Study hall, of course I was happy to have her as my teacher, but there were a lot of students and almost none of them were my friends. I was working very hard because I wanted to get the award and that I could also switch out of the class with some mean students. Mrs. Tarrant was pleased with my hard work for each class. The studying year was coming to the end. We had an Award Ceremony. I have been called for to get the award for three different classes, they were Esol English, History and Science. When I went up to get my English award Mrs. Tarrant seemed really happy. Later during the class Mrs. Tarrant said to me that in the 8th grade I’ll be doing to the regular English and History.
Couple weeks before the summer break, Mrs. Tarrant told to her class that she is getting retired, I think that none reacted to that, except for my friend Bogdan and me. I started to cry, the fact is that Mrs. Tarrant was one of my favorite teachers ever. I only knew her for a year and a half, but it was enough for me to love her, I felt that she was part of my family. She was the person who was looking after me during school when my parents were in Russia. I improved a lot in English owing to Mrs. Tarrant.