Mrs. Housting | Teen Ink

Mrs. Housting

October 6, 2014
By Hailey_Bean97 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Hailey_Bean97 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If we make it back to the real world, I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again.


Like the sun that comes up on a rainy day, that’s how much Mrs. Housting enlighten me. The one person who has always done what she could to make sure I am doing what I can to succeed and to graduate from my middle school. She is the one  who pushed me forward to see my only do my best; her name is Cindy Housting.
Mrs. Housting was my CMC teacher from the time I was in sixth grade until eighth grade. During my sixth grade time, I had a hard time with math. It was not my best class at all. I had help with many teachers, they noticed it was more than just me not getting it. I was given and IEP, a learning disability in math. (This was so I could get extra help and get better understanding of what it was that I was doing)
When I first met Mrs. Housting, she was very bright and bubbly. She had beautiful shoulder length, curly  blonde hair, blue eyes, she was a little short, and she was very funny. She smiled and joked around with everyone, even when she was having a bad day.
Throughout most my middle school years, I was very depressed. I felt like nobody really cared about how I did in school; “and I thought” that nobody cared about me. But all that changed when I met Mrs. Housting. She had this amazing way of making me laugh and smile, more than I ever thought possible. She constantly had this radiant smile on her face, and just seeing that made me so happy. I honestly considered her as another mother to me.
Mrs. Housting for years, along with her partner in the CMC,  motivated me to do better, forced me to do my homework, and do these odd reading things that I thought were really stupid, but now I realize they only helped me become a amazing reader, I can understand almost everything I read and be able to comprehend it. I can read very fast now, I can read a whole article in less than two minutes, unlike before I read articles within five.
One memory that will live in my head until the very day that I die, is when I graduated eighth grade. I cried so hard that night, a mixture of happy and sad. I was happy because I was so proud of myself getting through middle school.I was sad; because I had to leave my favorite teacher behind. And I honestly thought I would never see her again, and that thought broke my heart.  I remember seeing her cry at my graduation, because she was so happy for me and many of her other students who struggled over the years.
Thank you Mrs. Housting, I love you with all my heart. You’re the greatest teacher I had ever met in my life and if I never had an EIP, if I never met you, I don’t think I could have graduated on my own.