Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By keithr BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
keithr BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

before you assume im crazy ask first

Dear Educator of the Year Judges,

I am glad to have such a great teacher, Mr. John O'Kneski. I think Mr. O deserves this award for three different reasons. First he shows students how to learn, the second would be he makes learning fun and enjoyable, and last, he helps his students. It is with great passion that I want to nominate Mr. O for the Educator of the Year Award.

Let me start off by saying that Mr. O is a good teacher by showing you how to learn his lessons better. First, he lets you print out the notes before class and follow along with them. Next, he makes lots of examples to help us comprehend better. The last way he makes learning more interesting is that he lets you pick any seat you want in his class to have you pay more attention. That’s the first reason why I love him.

The next reason why he should be the winner of the Educator of the Year Award is because Mr. O. makes learning fun. One example is that he makes joke while teaching. The next example would be that he makes the lesson more fun than any other class by his funny and nice attitudes. The last would be that he messes around with all his students. By cracking me up, this is what makes it fun and enjoyable!

The last reason is that he cares for his students. The first way is he doesn’t have as much homework than most teachers. The next way would be that if you have a low grade, he tries to boost it up a little higher so you can pass. Lastly, he gives you all of his notes. That’s how he cares for his students.

These are the three reasons he inspires students, he makes learning fun, and he cares for his students. That’s why I nominate Mr. John O’Kneski for the EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR award.