The best coach you could ask for | Teen Ink

The best coach you could ask for

April 12, 2012
By Braylee_jones BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Braylee_jones BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Coach Charles Perry is one of the best coaches you can fine. Coach Perry is a World Geography teacher at Cleburne High School. He is also a power lifting coach and assistant football coach. Coach Perry is one of the best coaches I have ever had, although I had never tried power lifting before, my freshmen year in high school, a bunch of my friends and I decided to try it out. I had heard a lot about how power lifting is a very dangerous sport, and if not trained properly you could get seriously hurt. Coach Perry took coaching very seriously but also let you have fun with the sport. He taught you that in the sport of power lifting, you are really just competing against yourself and that whatever you put into it you will get out of it. He cares about each and every one of his athletes. Not only does he care about his athletes in the gym or on the field, he also cares about each of his students that he teaches every day. For last year to be my first year to try anything like power lifting I was very happy with the results on how I did, and although power lifting has to do with how much you can lift, I couldn’t have done it without a supportive coach being there for me every step of the way.