My Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

My Educator of the Year

April 29, 2011
By Iritatedgorilla BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Iritatedgorilla BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My favorite teacher of all time was Mr. Lingenfelter at Skyline Middle School. He was my 8th grade social studies and American history teacher. Everyone who has ever had him has loved him. Some kids still come after school to visit him and say hi. I’ve heard that he is friends with many of the kids on Facebook, but I don’t have one, so I don’t know. He would befriend the trouble kids as well, and they weren’t trouble in his class, then he would convince them to behave in other teacher’s classes. He generally made that half of the school a better place.
His teaching style was like nothing I have ever seen before. We always used to move the room around for stuff, and then have simulations. We did the Boston Massacre Trial in his classroom, and the state even came in to film it for future training for other teachers. We wrote our own constitution the same way the founding fathers did, and even signed it in candlelight on an old looking piece of paper. We made our own bill and presented it to congress and he humorously critiqued them, then either agreed to pass it or not.
He was the best teacher I have ever had, and I know he already won teen ink amongst other things last year, but who cares. He should get it again.