Mr. Christian | Teen Ink

Mr. Christian

February 15, 2023
By matthewronge BRONZE, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
matthewronge BRONZE, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I had Mr. Christian junior year for Metals and then senior year for Warhawk Manufacturing. Warhawk Manufacturing is a class offered at Arrowhead High school for students who are interested in manufacturing and business.  It is a student run business where we make, sell and advertise everything and we get to keep our profits.  Ever since the first day of class I had with him I could tell he really cared about his students.  

One time during junior year I was really struggling with a few welds and they were bringing my grade down, he sat down with me and went in by booth and showed me how to do them correctly.  After a few more tries I got all the welds right and even got a check plus (that is the best you can get) on a few.  This taught me valuable lessons like not giving up when something is hard and if you are persistent you will eventually succeed.

This year for the Warhawk Manufacturing class he makes sure that each student is on task and doing what they are supposed to.  He uses the analogy that if your paddle isn’t in the water and you aren;t doing your part then you aren’t helping the rest of your team.  He always does his best to make sure everyone’s paddle is in the water and everyone is doing their best to help each other.  In order for us to be successful the teachers have to step back and give us some freedom and the ability to take responsibility for our own actions.  Although he gives us our freedoms whenever there is a “bottleneck” in the company he always sits the class down together and we talk through the problems to create the best solution.  

Along with being a great instructor he is also a good person.  During my junior year he was asking if any students were looking to work in the manufacturing industry and I raised my hand.  After discussing possible places of employment we  found one that seemed good.  In only a few days I was hired at Wisconsin Stamping and Manufacturing. I have been working there for just under a year and because of that I have met a lot of really good people and have been given many different opportunities to learn and become more knowledgeable from people who have been working in the industry their whole lives.  From both Mr. Christian and my job I found my desired career path and I could not be more thankful for that.