Mr. Chad Tschanz | Teen Ink

Mr. Chad Tschanz

April 12, 2022
By DoubleBond BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
DoubleBond BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Physics has always been one of my most challenging subjects. The rapid pace, the sometimes illogical patterns, and complex situations often threw me for a loop. Before my junior year, I was set to take AP Physics 2 with Mr. Tschanz and I was nervously excited. On the one hand, another year of fun physics that I was confident would capture my attention end to end. Yet, on the other hand, this year was going to be different.

2020-2021 was an interesting academic year. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, teachers had to teach essentially two classes at a time. Mr. Tschanz taught us 4th period and also recorded lectures for students who were out sick and chose to be virtual throughout the year. Luckily, I never had to rely on those resources, but I know that countless students appreciated the time and effort he put into creating these lessons. Towards the end of the year, we had early morning review sessions during the AP week and we could ask questions about the material just hours before our test. He was there at the beginning of the year and he was there right to the very end.

Mr. Tschanz made an impact on my future aspirations. Whether we were talking about a concept in class or he was chatting with us while we were doing a lab, he always excitedly showed us and talked about interesting phenomena. His genuine love for anything and everything scientific is infectious. His passion for his students and his lessons inspires all of us to keep learning and exploring.

Beyond my junior year, Mr. Tschanz has also been one of the teachers I talk to the most, even though I am no longer in his class. Every time we cross paths in the halls, “Mr. Gleason, how are you?” He excitedly asks.

I smile and say, “I’m great, Mr. Tschanz.”

“That’s fantastic,” he responds as I walk away. Short conversations, but they brighten my day everytime.

Every once in a while he pops into my Physics C class to share some wisdom or to answer an absolutely ridiculous question about physics or sometimes just about life. When I stay after school to do quiz corrections, he is always in his room and willing to answer any questions I’ve got. This past March, Mr. Tschanz even offered some students to volunteer and help him show physics demonstrations to elementary students at Swallow Elementary School. At Swallow, he showed the same excitement for teaching children concepts that were far over their heads. While the kids thought the science was magic, they were captivated and excited about their future science education.

Mr. Tschanz is the most engaged and passionate teacher I have ever met. I hope that he continues to spread his love for science to as many people as possible in whatever fashion he can. I know that Mr. Tschanz will captivate any ear that has the great pleasure of listening to his lessons. Thank you, Mr. Tschanz, for everything you have done for all of your students throughout the years. We truly appreciate your hard work and dedication to science.