We are Never Ever Getting Back Together e.g. Singer Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

We are Never Ever Getting Back Together e.g. Singer Taylor Swift

By Bmattson23 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Bmattson23 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

“We are Never Ever Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift is the best song of 2012. It is Swifts most angry song yet and Swift has had many heartfelt songs.

This song reaches out to millions of people who get played on, cheated, and hurt. Their boyfriends of girlfriends make up and then break up with them. That’s something everyone can relate to and it’s frustrating. You care too much and they don’t care at all.

Rolling Stone named this song the 2nd best song of 2012 while it took the fourth spot in Time's end-of-year poll. It has also received a Grammy Award nomination for Record of the Year.

It peaked at the number one spot on the Billboard Top 100 and was Taylor Swift’s first song to stay at number one for over a week. As soon as the song was released it shot straight up in the top ten on Itunes Top 100 songs in the USA. That is an accomplishment for a young artist like her.

Justin Radtke a junior at Arrowhead high school says, “I like this song a lot. I like to jam out to it in my car.”
Swift also made a music video for it, it was the first music video to be presented in 4K resolution and established constructive and encouraging reviews from critics.
This song also sold 623,000 units in its first week according to Nielsen SoundScan. So this gave Swift the record for the biggest digital sales week for a son by a woman and second-largest sales week overall behind Flo Rida’s, “Right Round,” which debuted with 636,000 in February, 2009.
It came from her album Red and it was her best song she’s ever sang. In this song, people can see Swifts true emotions about her ex-boyfriends and its pure genius.