Actor - Kristen Stewart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

At 16, Kristen Stewart is not afraid of intense roles, including Jodie Foster's daughter in “Panic Room,” the protagonist in “Speak,” and a troubled teen in “The Messengers.” This month, “In the Land of Women” opens with Kristen playing a teen dealing with high school, peer pressure, and a difficult relationship with her mother. The film also stars Meg Ryan and Adam Brody.

In “In the Land of Women,” you are a painter, but what are your real-life hobbies?

I read a lot of books, and I'm a writer. That's what I'm mainly into. I just love putting the words together. I'm really in love with words. I play guitar; I love going to shows. I'm kind of a homebody.

What is your favorite book?

I actually have two. I just finished Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, which was really intense. The other is The Stranger by Albert Camus, that was heavy.

You've worked with Jodie Foster and now Meg Ryan. How were those experiences?

So different. I was little when I worked with Jodie, so I wasn't taking notes. Just being around someone like that for months when you're so young and such a sponge ... she probably affected the way I work.

Jodie doesn't take things too seriously, she just acts. I mean, of course, she thinks about it, but Meg takes things very seriously - in the best way. You can tell she really cares about her work a lot, and that's really important.

In terms of acting styles, was it very different working with Meg, Adam and Makenzie Vega?

They were all so different. Working with Adam and Makenzie was a lot of fun, but my scenes with Meg were intense. There was a lot of tension between us, a lot of distance. I liked working with her; I felt we were both very satisfied with what came out. After a scene with Meg it was like, “Oh, we nailed it.”

What is your relationship with your mother like? Will your new movie help mothers and daughters better understand each other?

I'm really lucky, because I have a picture-perfect relationship with my parents. But I definitely see my friends in Lucy and her mom's relationship, I feel like that dynamic is very typical. This movie will open people's eyes.

How do you choose roles?

It's always different. The movies I've been interested in have been because of the prospect of working with the filmmaker and a certain director. Sometimes I'll do a movie because there are one or two scenes I really want to do, something that's different. I think it's important to do movies that are worth watching, something that makes you think.

If you weren't acting, what would you do?

I would want to write screenplays. But, if I had to have a practical job, if acting fell through, I couldn't imagine working anywhere but on a movie set. I would want to work in props or the art department.

What advice would you give others interested in acting?

If there is anything you really want to do, you have to give it a shot. Otherwise you're going to hold onto it forever and just regret it. You should have no regret.

People always ask actors for advice and it's like wow, you're asking us? I don't know how enlightening we can be. We're just people.

shelbywearsprada33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So how did you get the interview?

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great Article and picture. I kind of want to watch some of those movies mentioned now. Awesome job.

YUNGCUPCAKE said...
Apr. 13, 2010 at 9:45 am:
KIRSTEN STEWART IS WACK

claire3poetry said...
Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:10 am:
Kristen seems just seems like a regular person, this open up my eyes about her.

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30, 2010 at 6:45 pm:
this is neat, i like your choice of questions and this isnt like all the other interviews ive read :-)

RenaParis said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 2:46 pm:
I don't think that she's all that great of an actress, but to each its own :)

Peace420 said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 9:28 am:
Dude, I love Kristen!!! She is really beautiful!

allie.vgr1994 replied...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 11:35 am :
I agree with that...i wish I was as beautiful as her...or some other actress

Lovejunky123 said...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 4:56 pm:
I liked Kristen in everything did, my fav. Adventureland and the Twilight saga

gum3baer said...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 3:44 pm:
i quite like her in speak and in the land of woman

juicyfan6 said...
Feb. 18, 2010 at 6:27 pm:
I didn't like Kristen too much in twilight, as Bella, but I thought she was quite good in The Messengers, and in other movies. I don't think she was suited to play Bella. But she's a good actress, overall.

wingofangel replied...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 9:34 pm :
what i think kristen stewart is such a purfect bella i don't think it's right. i also think robert pattinson is a purfect vampire a.k.a edward he is great & a awsome actor if u ask me so is kristen stewart she is one of my favorite actress. i seen new moon at my friend's house it was alright i did like it but i think that twilight is much better i like that one more.

allie.vgr1994 replied...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 11:29 am :
Dude wingofangel I agree with you about the whole perfect Bella and Edward!!!!!!! A couple of people who go to my skewl think that edward should be played by sum 1 else, but i told them no way!!!!!! Robbert Pattison is very cute!!!! I wish my cowboy was as hott as him...i think that eclipse and Breaking dawn are going to be even better than new moon, and twilight.

wingofangel replied...
Mar. 20, 2010 at 7:26 pm :
hey have u read all 4 book's i have only read new moon 2 time's.do u only like edward a.k.a robert pattinson becuz he's cute!!!!!!! or do u think he's a great actor or both or do u not think robert pattinson can act. i just wanted 2 no. & i do NOT!!!!! think that someone else could play that part beside's him.& that gose 4 kristen stewart 2 beacuse she can act 2. so there 2 evrybody!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Iraq2009 said...
Feb. 18, 2010 at 8:05 am:
i really like that and i want to tell you that you are a great girl and you are the best and thank you very much for sumbing that story.

mirrorsandmirages said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:10 am:
i mostly hated her in twilight/new moon,
she's a pretty bad actress.
but i have to admit - she's gorgeous
she's got an edgy personality.
looking forward to seeing "the runaways" though, mostly because of dakota fanning though (who IS a good actress!)

someegirl replied...
Mar. 20, 2010 at 3:49 pm :
I have to disagree, She is a good actress !
she did very good in twilight and new moon. and yes she is gorgeous.

unidentifiedflyingplane This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 27, 2010 at 10:27 am:
i didn't like her in Twilight. Frankly, I don't like twilight. but, she was really good in the movie "In The Land of Women"
i didn't know she liked to write either.

AVATARBLUE replied...
Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:46 pm :
how can you not like twilight
-AVATARBLUE

unidentifiedflyingplane This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 27, 2010 at 4:10 pm :
i read the series and everything and i used to be a TOTAL fan. but, then, i started to realize how edward was kind of stalker-ish.
plus, i didn't like how meyer dramatized the whole thing