Siger Bob Marley | Teen Ink

Siger Bob Marley

Bob Marley was a big influence in the world because of his life, his music, and his death.
Bob Marley was born on February 6, 1945 in a small village, in Jamaica called Saint Ann Parish. (That’s funny because that’s when my mom was born. She was born on February 6 also.) When Bob was just ten years old, his father died at age 60. Can you imagine having lost a family member at that young of an age? That would be horrible! It looks like he got over it fairly quickly because he started writing music at age 14. He left school so he could write music. I couldn’t believe his mother would let him, or even tolerate him leaving school for music, that is just crazy. I think he started hanging out with the wrong crowd at a young age, because he started to do drugs. He didn’t just do them when he was young; he did them when he was an adult to! At least before he died he had a nice life, because he had 11 kids! That’s a lot of kids. Seven of his kids were with different women. His kid’s names were: Sharon, Cedella, David “Ziggy”, Stephen, Robert “Robbie”, Rohan, Karen, Stephanie, Julian Ky-Mani, and Damian.

He first hit the music charts with his band with a record called “Simmer Down” in 70’s or 80’s with his band called The Wailers. The Wailers was a band made out of three of the most talented reggae artists in history they go by the names of Marley, Bunny “Wailer” Livingstone and Peter Tosh. Bob left his band and Jamaica so he could live near his mother in the U.S.A. But after a short period of time he moved back to Jamaica and formed his band again. But again, in 1975 the band split up after 11 successful years and records. Out of this group though the most internationally acclaimed would turn out to be Bob Marley. There producer was Chris Blackwell. But, after a tour in Europe he found out he had cancer.

He then died in the hospital on May 11, 1981 at age 36. His funeral was held on May 23, 1981. He died from a form of cancer in the brain. Officially due to malignant melanoma, a dangerous type of cancer that was found on his toe. It's not quite as simple as it sounds, though. Bob Marley was buried in Nine mile, Jamaica.

Bob Marley Quotes
“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain”
“Open your eyes look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?”
“Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!”
“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”
“Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold...”
“The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.”
“In this bright future you can't forget your past.”
“Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright”
“You ain't gonna miss your water until your well runs dry”
“None but ourselves can free our minds.”
“Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!”
“Just can't live that negative way...make way for the positive day!”

“You have to be someone.”
“My future is righteousness.”
“Don't forget your history nor your destiny”
“Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.”
“If you get down and quarrel everyday, you're saying prayers to the devil, I say”
“Love would never leave us alone”
“When the race gets hard to run. It means you just can't take the pace”

Internet sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Marley
http://web.bobmarley.com/story/
http://thinkexist.com/quotes/bob_marley/

I like Bob Marley.. He is a good singer.... Annnddd thats it..

on Jul. 7 2010 at 2:53 pm
createakristen SILVER, Corpus Christi, Texas

"There isn't a person on this planet who should let a past nightmare dictate or cloud their future dreams." -CM Punk

ummm... this really isn't an interview, and some of your information isn't really accurate. and if you're writing a biography, you shouldn't add your opinions or anything about your family. Just a little criticism from a friend :)