Actor - Kristen Stewart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

At 16, Kristen Stewart is not afraid of intense roles, including Jodie Foster's daughter in “Panic Room,” the protagonist in “Speak,” and a troubled teen in “The Messengers.” This month, “In the Land of Women” opens with Kristen playing a teen dealing with high school, peer pressure, and a difficult relationship with her mother. The film also stars Meg Ryan and Adam Brody.

In “In the Land of Women,” you are a painter, but what are your real-life hobbies?

I read a lot of books, and I'm a writer. That's what I'm mainly into. I just love putting the words together. I'm really in love with words. I play guitar; I love going to shows. I'm kind of a homebody.

What is your favorite book?

I actually have two. I just finished Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, which was really intense. The other is The Stranger by Albert Camus, that was heavy.

You've worked with Jodie Foster and now Meg Ryan. How were those experiences?

So different. I was little when I worked with Jodie, so I wasn't taking notes. Just being around someone like that for months when you're so young and such a sponge ... she probably affected the way I work.

Jodie doesn't take things too seriously, she just acts. I mean, of course, she thinks about it, but Meg takes things very seriously - in the best way. You can tell she really cares about her work a lot, and that's really important.

In terms of acting styles, was it very different working with Meg, Adam and Makenzie Vega?

They were all so different. Working with Adam and Makenzie was a lot of fun, but my scenes with Meg were intense. There was a lot of tension between us, a lot of distance. I liked working with her; I felt we were both very satisfied with what came out. After a scene with Meg it was like, “Oh, we nailed it.”

What is your relationship with your mother like? Will your new movie help mothers and daughters better understand each other?

I'm really lucky, because I have a picture-perfect relationship with my parents. But I definitely see my friends in Lucy and her mom's relationship, I feel like that dynamic is very typical. This movie will open people's eyes.

How do you choose roles?

It's always different. The movies I've been interested in have been because of the prospect of working with the filmmaker and a certain director. Sometimes I'll do a movie because there are one or two scenes I really want to do, something that's different. I think it's important to do movies that are worth watching, something that makes you think.

If you weren't acting, what would you do?

I would want to write screenplays. But, if I had to have a practical job, if acting fell through, I couldn't imagine working anywhere but on a movie set. I would want to work in props or the art department.

What advice would you give others interested in acting?

If there is anything you really want to do, you have to give it a shot. Otherwise you're going to hold onto it forever and just regret it. You should have no regret.

People always ask actors for advice and it's like wow, you're asking us? I don't know how enlightening we can be. We're just people.

Bambi67 said...
omg was this a real conversation with her or something made up??? i love her since the "panic room" now on twilight gosh she is awesome!!thanks for the review

dgreen24 said...
I'm not a big fan of her but she is a great person:)!

Mari said...
I think her acting in Twilight sucked, but I really do like her as a person. She has an indearing personality and I love her style.

TheHalfBloodPrincess said...
Crap actor. 

Eithil replied...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 11:43 am :
the crappiest

Zeesquare replied...
Dec. 10, 2011 at 9:39 am :
she realy needs professional acting classes.

trey songs said...
yea i do to

Naomi518 said...
oops. I meant to hit reply on another comment haha.

Victoria.S said...
My Friend is a singer who is popular on youtube, and she got the chance to meet Kristin Stewart so she got her phone #. We tried calling it but she didnt answer :( I love this interview!

yessica said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 8:40 am:
i like the interview

ayeshamuzaffar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm sorry but I don't like your acting though your interview is quite interesting and you're right, you love putting words together if you know what I mean.

K.M.S.Shear said...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 6:58 am:

i liked the interview

Krissy S. said...
May 4, 2011 at 1:37 pm:

I love twilight and newmoon but im still waiting to see eclipse because my friend is borrowing the movie from her cousin then she is letting me see the movie

k_stew said...
This girl is my idol, I'm totally in love with her. AAAAAH <3

Krissy S. replied...
May 4, 2011 at 1:34 pm :
Im with ya

JenelleMarie123 said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 6:16 pm:
I absolutely LOVE Kristen. She is my idol and when i saw this on the home page i flipped out hahaha. but u asked fantastic questions. It seemed like u got he kind of out of her shell a little bit. Great job

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 3:03 pm:
you asked really good questions! :)

Cassidy M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:31 pm:
Awesomenesssss!!!!! I'm not a huge fan of the Twilight movies, but I love the books, and I think she seems like a really nice and relatable person. Epic.

rootbeerfreak101 said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 11:28 am:
i really admire her also (and i am a huge twilight fan) i also  really respect her :D she is epic and i look up to her

bigmanhotshot replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 12:26 pm :
wow bro u are like 17 why twilight