Musician Anthony Kiedis | Teen Ink

Musician Anthony Kiedis

By NightontheSun BRONZE, Center Point, Iowa
NightontheSun BRONZE, Center Point, Iowa

"A person is a person, no matter how small" _Dr. Seuss_

Obituary
Today we mourn the passing of one of the most influential people in music, Anthony Kiedis, the cause of death is a mystery. So we look back on this man's achievements: The Red Hot Chili Peppers won a Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance ("Give It Away"), The Red Hot Chili Peppers were nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock Performance ("Blood Sugar Sex Magik"), Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame's 500 Songs That Shaped Rock And Roll includes "Give It Away.", The band was also nominated for 2 MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Rock Artist and Best Album (Californication), The Red Hot Chili Peppers won an American Music Award for Favorite Alternative Artist, The band were nominated for a Kids' Choice Award for Favorite Band, The Red Hot Chili Peppers will be touring the UK in the summer and tickets for the performances sold out in less than 4 hours, The Red Hot Chili Peppers won 4 Grammy Awards for Best Rock Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group and Best Rock Song (awarded to the songwriter)("Dani California"), and Best Rock Album (Stadium Arcadium), the list goes on and on.

Anthony Kiedis lives on in the hearts of all RHCP fans, his wacky energy and intuitive lyrics make you love him. Vocalist Anthony Kiedis went from playing Sylvester Stallone's son in the movie F.I.S.T. to becoming one of the most influential artists in the alternative rock boom of the early '90s. As the front man for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kiedis has inspired a generation of musicians with a hankering for both punk and funk; however, the maturation of Kiedis' songwriting from the goofy party music of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' early albums to the group's reflective commercial breakthrough "Under the Bridge" is one of rock's biggest surprises.

Kiedis was born in Grand Rapids , MI , on November 1, 1962. After his parents divorced, 11-year-old Kiedis moved with his father to Los Angeles . Kiedis spent much of his youth listening to Sly Stone, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, and Stevie Wonder, artists who would eventually shape the Red Hot Chili Peppers' sound.

During the '80s, the Red Hot Chili Peppers were one of America 's most popular cult bands. When guitarist Hillel Slovak died of a drug overdose in 1988, Kiedis started questioning his own indulgence in narcotics. Kiedis often struggled with drug addiction, including methamphetamine and cocaine throughout the 1980s and 1990s. He tried to get clean after the heroin overdose death of Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist Hillel Slovak on June 25, 1988, saying he would never shoot up again. He entered rehab and ended up staying clean for five years but relapsed in 1993 because of a strong painkiller used while having his wisdom teeth removed. He went in and out of rehab over the next few years, but has reportedly avoided another relapse since December 24, 2000. "It’s easy to be a junkie," Kiedis said in the March, 2007, issue of Blender. "It’s not easy to be one of the fastest guitar players of all time, or one of the greatest writers, so as the hearts sink farther and farther of the lovers, friends, and band mates of Anthony Kiedis, Flea and Chad Smith have not made any statements yet on his passing but Kiedis will be in our hearts for years to come.

Anthony kiedis is a vision