Skier, Chris Anthony

Chris Anthony is a champion skier, who has used to talents to help the Warren Miller Film Team. He has been featured in several documentaries the film team has made. He's the co-host of "Camp of the Superstars" in Chile, as well as working with various other projects.

I was recently given the opportunity to interview Mr. Anthony for Teen Ink.

Rachel- Tell us about yourself.

Chris Anthony- Colorado native and longtime Vail resident. I travel as an athlete and on-screen personality with Warren Miller Film Team.

RH- How did you first become interested in skiing?

CA- My parents started me at 18 months old. They were skiers in Crested Butte.

RH- What was your role with the Warren Miller Film Team?

CA- I have been an athlete in the films for the past 22 years. I have also been an emcee for the film tour for over 16 years.

RH- What is your fondest memory from that time?

CA- Standing on top of a mountain above the Arctic Circle in Norway in the middle of the night.

RH- You traveled frequently with the WMFT and for Camp of the Superstars; where has been your favorite place to visit?

CA- I love everywhere, as each place has something unique to it. But Australia is really cool!

RH- Did you ever try out for the Olympics?

CA- I was an Alpine racer for many years with the intention to make it to the Olympics. I made it to the World Cup level.

RH- What has been your greatest accomplishment in your career?

CA- Winning a day at the World Extreme Skiing championships and skiing a World Cup.

RH- How did the concept of the Youth Initiative Project come about?

CA- I wanted to give back something to the community. I feel you can make the greatest changes through the youth.

RH- Do you still ski now?

CA- 1000% I do. Better than ever...

RH- How else do you spend your time?

CA- Training and working and training and working.

RH- Who are your favorite athletes?

CA- Michael Jordan, Tony Hawk, Brett Favre, Bode Miller, Lindsey Vonn, Andy Mill and Shane McConkey.

RH- What advice do you have for aspiring athletes?

CA- Never give up, and follow your dreams. But you may have to adapt a bit to make it happen. Or something happen. Just keep going.